[horde] override file seems not to be checked

ASV asv at inhio.net
Mon Aug 5 12:50:21 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,
I've spent many hours trying to figure out why my IMP couldn't connect
to my IMAP server anymore (since at least 2 upgrades). It is not a
production server so I've ignored it for a while but now I've decided
to spend more time on it and after testing pretty much everything I've
realised that the override file:
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/backends.local.php
is simply ignored now as it was trying to connect to "localhost"
instead!
Changing the 'hostspec' into backends.php (where it should not be done)
fixed everything.

Versions installed:
php72-horde-5.2.21             Horde Application Framework
php72-horde-content-2.0.6      Horde tagging application
php72-horde-gollem-3.0.12      Horde Web-based File Manager
php72-horde-groupware-5.2.22   Horde Groupware
php72-horde-imp-6.2.24         Horde web based webmail system
php72-horde-ingo-3.2.16        Horde email filter rules manager
php72-horde-kronolith-4.2.27   Horde web based calendar
php72-horde-mnemo-4.2.14_1     Horde web based notes manager
php72-horde-nag-4.2.19         Horde web based task list manager
php72-horde-timeobjects-2.1.4  Horde timeobjects application
php72-horde-trean-1.1.9        Horde Bookmark Manager
php72-horde-turba-4.2.25       Horde web based address book
.....and another plethora of peer related packages

*** backends.local.php:
$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'MY IMAP SERVER',
    'hostspec' => 'mail.mydomain.net',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'secure' => 'tls',
);

*** related entry in backends.php (the dist version prior
modification):
// IMAP server
$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'hostspec' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
    // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available by
    // default.
    'secure' => 'tls',
);

Anyone experienced the same?