[horde] override file seems not to be checked

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Aug 5 13:13:48 UTC 2019

Citeren ASV <asv at inhio.net>:

> Hi everyone,
> I've spent many hours trying to figure out why my IMP couldn't connect
> to my IMAP server anymore (since at least 2 upgrades). It is not a
> production server so I've ignored it for a while but now I've decided
> to spend more time on it and after testing pretty much everything I've
> realised that the override file:
> /usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/backends.local.php
> is simply ignored now as it was trying to connect to "localhost"
> instead!
> Changing the 'hostspec' into backends.php (where it should not be done)
> fixed everything.
>
> Versions installed:
> php72-horde-5.2.21             Horde Application Framework
> php72-horde-content-2.0.6      Horde tagging application
> php72-horde-gollem-3.0.12      Horde Web-based File Manager
> php72-horde-groupware-5.2.22   Horde Groupware
> php72-horde-imp-6.2.24         Horde web based webmail system
> php72-horde-ingo-3.2.16        Horde email filter rules manager
> php72-horde-kronolith-4.2.27   Horde web based calendar
> php72-horde-mnemo-4.2.14_1     Horde web based notes manager
> php72-horde-nag-4.2.19         Horde web based task list manager
> php72-horde-timeobjects-2.1.4  Horde timeobjects application
> php72-horde-trean-1.1.9        Horde Bookmark Manager
> php72-horde-turba-4.2.25       Horde web based address book
> .....and another plethora of peer related packages

Apparently, you're using a third-party packaged version of Horde. Ask
whoever created the packages first, we can't support installations
that are not either installed through PEAR (stable) or Git
(development).

> *** backends.local.php:
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>     // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
>     'disabled' => false,
>     'name' => 'MY IMAP SERVER',
>     'hostspec' => 'mail.mydomain.net',
>     'hordeauth' => false,
>     'protocol' => 'imap',
>     'port' => 143,
>     'secure' => 'tls',
> );

The above is wrong. Read the headers of the backends.php file. The
example given, is almost what you need:

<?php
$servers['imap']['hostspec'] = 'mail.mydomain.net';

Also mind the permissions. You need to make sure whichever user your
webserver is running as, can read this file.