[horde] horde pear update

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 15:39:16 UTC 2019

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 at 13:11, Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org> wrote:

> Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a few years, I have finally time to update my pear horde installation.
> >
> > it did not go well.
> >
> > I am currently running:
> > Application
> > Address Book Address Book (turba) 4.2.25
> > Calendar Calendar (kronolith) 4.2.27
> > content 2.0.6
> > Filters Filters (ingo) 3.2.16
> > Horde Horde (horde) 5.2.21
> > Mail Mail (imp) 6.2.24
> > Notes Notes (mnemo) 4.2.14
> > Password Password (passwd) 5.0.7
> > Tasks Tasks (nag) 4.2.19
> >
> > When I click on "Check for new versions", I get
> >  Module is up-to-date
> > for all items.
>
> So? You seem to be running the latest versions of the packages. What
> did you expect to see?

Thanks for the super quick answer Arjen!  Since I didn't update the
packages in over 2 years and since I've seen numerous update release
notes from Jan, my expectation is totally not that I am not on the
latest versions (and to be honest, I tried to look at the website,
https://www.horde.org/apps, to actually confirm that there were
versions to update, but none of the application pages actually detail
the current version - e.g. https://www.horde.org/apps/imp

> > I tried to update the server...root at mail:~# pear channel-update pear.php.net
> > Updating channel "pear.php.net"
> > Channel "pear.php.net" is up to date
> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade -c horde
> > Nothing to upgrade in channel "horde"
> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade horde/horde horde/imp horde/ingo horde/kronolith
> > horde/mnemo horde/nag horde/turba horde/passwd
> >
> > Nothing to upgrade
>
> Not surprising if you already have all the latest versions installed.

I am still surprised by this :)

> > I tried also
> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade -aBc horde
> > Nothing to upgrade in channel "horde"
> >
> > So, I am not sure what to do now..  How can I upgrade to the latest stable
> > versions?
>
> You already have the latest versions.

The issue is I have a number of bugs/issues - and it's pointless me
sending them to the list unless I upgrade to the latest packages
first.  And I find it really difficult to believe that I am running
the latest version (either by pear install or git clone) since I
didn't update in two years.

Where can I see the latest stable release dates and version numbers?

Cheers.

Simon