[horde] horde pear update

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Dec 27 16:06:07 UTC 2019

Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 at 13:11, Arjen de Korte
> <build+horde at de-korte.org> wrote:
>>
>> Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > after a few years, I have finally time to update my pear horde
>> installation.
>> >
>> > it did not go well.
>> >
>> > I am currently running:
>> > Application
>> > Address Book Address Book (turba) 4.2.25
>> > Calendar Calendar (kronolith) 4.2.27
>> > content 2.0.6
>> > Filters Filters (ingo) 3.2.16
>> > Horde Horde (horde) 5.2.21
>> > Mail Mail (imp) 6.2.24
>> > Notes Notes (mnemo) 4.2.14
>> > Password Password (passwd) 5.0.7
>> > Tasks Tasks (nag) 4.2.19
>> >
>> > When I click on "Check for new versions", I get
>> >  Module is up-to-date
>> > for all items.
>>
>> So? You seem to be running the latest versions of the packages. What
>> did you expect to see?
>
> Thanks for the super quick answer Arjen!  Since I didn't update the
> packages in over 2 years and since I've seen numerous update release
> notes from Jan, my expectation is totally not that I am not on the
> latest versions (and to be honest, I tried to look at the website,
> https://www.horde.org/apps, to actually confirm that there were
> versions to update, but none of the application pages actually detail
> the current version - e.g. https://www.horde.org/apps/imp

Most (if not all) updates have been in the libraries. I don't think I
have seen updates in the applications lately.

>> > I tried to update the server...root at mail:~# pear channel-update
>> pear.php.net
>> > Updating channel "pear.php.net"
>> > Channel "pear.php.net" is up to date
>> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade -c horde
>> > Nothing to upgrade in channel "horde"
>> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade horde/horde horde/imp horde/ingo horde/kronolith
>> > horde/mnemo horde/nag horde/turba horde/passwd
>> >
>> > Nothing to upgrade
>>
>> Not surprising if you already have all the latest versions installed.
>
> I am still surprised by this :)
>
>> > I tried also
>> > root at mail:~# pear upgrade -aBc horde
>> > Nothing to upgrade in channel "horde"
>> >
>> > So, I am not sure what to do now..  How can I upgrade to the latest stable
>> > versions?
>>
>> You already have the latest versions.
>
> The issue is I have a number of bugs/issues - and it's pointless me
> sending them to the list unless I upgrade to the latest packages
> first.  And I find it really difficult to believe that I am running
> the latest version (either by pear install or git clone) since I
> didn't update in two years.
>
> Where can I see the latest stable release dates and version numbers?

Either through 'pear upgrade --channel horde --pretend' or through the
'Check for new versions' button on the top op the configuration page.
Either one will list if there are Horde updates available and if so,
which ones. I run the first in a cronjob daily.