[horde] Request for help with Horde infrastructure

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:30:08 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 01:27, A. Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de> wrote:

> Michael J Rubinsky:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have just been informed that, after many years of generously
> > donating hosting services to The Horde Project, Hub.org will be
> > shutting down on Friday, January 10th.  Currently our PEAR/FTP server
> > and our mail server are hosted on Hub servers. We do have a fail-over
> > server in place for our PEAR server, so getting a replacement server
> > up for PEAR is not quite as urgent. However, our mail server is
> > critical.
> >
> > Hence, we are putting out a call for any organization that would be
> > able and willing to donate a server to host the Mailman install that
> > handles our mailing lists and hosts our @horde.org email addresses.
> > Our current server is running FreeBSD, but a Debian/Ubuntu
> > distribution would be welcome, or even preferred, as well.
>
> Hello Micheal,
>
> I could not Immideately donate a server, unfortunately. But I could offer help
> To setup an existing server. I work an postmaster, so seting up an MTA
> is $dayjob...
> If you have theopportunity to buy a server at https://netcup.de
> (cheapest offer ~5 € per month)
> I may setup postfix + mailman2 very fast. My ssh public keys are
> avilable at https://andreasschulze.de/authorized_keys
>
> Andreas, acting also as postmaster at dnswl.org as well as postmaster at datev.de

I think we probably need to understand the capacity/traffic
requirements as well.

I could probably host this, but my server needs an upgrade, and I've
never worked with Mailman

I would, however, be willing to cover the costs of an AWS/GCC
instance, so long as I can get the invoice in our company name (and
especially if Andreas is willing to do the admin).

Regards

Simon