[horde] Kronolith 4.2.27 on Horde 5.2.22 - No supported IMAP authentication method could be found.

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Jan 6 21:43:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

Zitat von director_de at yahoo.de:
> Yes, hopefully somebody could jump in.Using kolab as an IMAP Server
> only, IMP works like a charm, but neither Calendar/Tasks nor Notes
> are working.I appreciate the developers of the kolab plugin to
> help/answer here in the list, please.Working Calendar is essential.

what storage format does your Kolab server use - IOW, which Kolab
version do you run?

For what I know, the storage drivers distributed with Horde only
support some "old" format (pre-Kolab3, AFAIR).

 From your earlier message, it *might* be an authentication problem -
please enable IMAP debug on the Horde server to check if this is
really the case. It might well be that the Horde(/Kolab) storage
driver is reporting back a generic error, which Horde logs as
"authentication failure", while the actual error is incorrect data
format after all.

Only thing I can add is that Kronolith 4.2.27 etc. *does* work with
IMAP-stored Kolab events (old format). I have a running instance,
where the IMAP server by now is a semi-plain Cyrus 2.5, without Kolab
around it. I'm keeping Kolab configuration because I've not found a
way to migrate the thousands of objects to other storage formats easily.

Regards,