[horde] Installation problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 16:05:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:32 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
<lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 16/01/2020 12:09, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:52 AM Luis Felipe Marzagao
> > <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Em 15/01/2020 20:40, o1bigtenor escreveu:
> > snip

> > snip

> >> It may be tricky to apply patches because you are not using a
> >> development installation. But if you think you´ve found the correct
> >> patch, and if there aren´t a lot of files involved in the commit, go
> >> ahead and try to manually replace the entire file. Dirty hack but pretty
> >> fast in order to make a quick test.
> >>
> > Greetings
> >
> > So I applied the patch (meaning that I added in the new lines indicated in
> > green and removed the lines indicated in pink) and saved the file.
> > Tried one more time to effect and install.
> > Right back to where I started at :
> >
> > Fatal Error:
> >    SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column "increment_by"
> > does not exist
> >    LINE 1: ...q', (SELECT COALESCE(MAX("sentmail_id") + (SELECT
> > increment_...
> >                                                                 ^
> >    In /usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php on line 233
> >
> > had been told earlier to try to use   /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate   which gives:
> >
> >   # /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate
> > [  INFO  ] Migrating DB up.
> > [  INFO  ] Current imp schema version: 1
> > Migrating to ImpAutoIncrementSentmail (2)
> > == 2 ImpAutoIncrementSentmail: migrating ======================================
> > -- changeColumn('imp_sentmail', 'sentmail_id', 'autoincrementKey')
> > SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column "increment_by"
> > does not exist
> > LINE 1: ...q', (SELECT COALESCE(MAX("sentmail_id") + (SELECT increment_...
> >
> > and about a hundred more lines like the above.
> > Searching on the horde website then led me to  - - - -   bug number :
> >
> > [#14878] Sequence reset incompatible with PostgreSQL 10+
> >
> > bug listed november 2018 with a comment in early 2019 and nothing further
> >
> > Seems to suggest that I'm not going to get an install.
> >
> > Oh well - - - - suggestions?????
>
> You got horde-db-migrate to run, which is a good sign. But the error
> appears to be still the same. At this point either you 1) set up a dev
> install (https://www.horde.org/development/git) and try to fix the code
> and submmit a fix; 2) file a bug report at https://bugs.horde.org/ or 3)
> Try using MySQL

Greetings

1. Don't have any idea how I would 'fix' the code
2. Bug report has already been filed (as of 15 months ago)
3. Have been using Postgresql here for some projects and really was hoping
    not to be having to learn 2 highly similar but still not the same
SQL systems
    at the same time.
Maybe there could be an option 4

4. Have the dev team fix the issue

(My guess is that using option 4 would mean either $10ks of funds or
waiting until
horde 6 is done - - - - by which time postgresql 13 or maybe 14 would
be extant.)

Oh well - - - - not much more for me to do here.

Thanking you for your assistance