[horde] Configuration on a new install

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 24 17:57:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-23 6:45 p.m., o1bigtenor wrote:
> Now I have where I can log into the server from a different machine on
> the lan and I see the login screen (contains a user name, password and
> some log in options). I know that I don't have any real configuration
> on my system completed. Reading section 4 of:
> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
> isn't helping. I'm not sure what its telling me to do. I get the
> warning - - - - given the joys I had in the installation I'll bet its
> easy to foobar the works. But what to do?

Check the configuration section for every application (horde, imp,
turba, etc)
https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#configuring-horde
https://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL#configuring-imp
etc

Also check backends.php and prefs.php for every application (horde, imp,
turba, etc).
All settings are documented there.
You don't edit backends.php or prefs.php but create separate files with
ONLY settings to override from defaults.
It is described in the headers of both backends.php and prefs.php

>   * IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
>   * Local overrides MUST be placed in backends.local.php or backends.d/.
> * IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! DO NOT COPY prefs.php TO prefs.local.php!
>   * Local overrides ONLY MUST be placed in prefs.local.php or prefs.d/.

For example, for IMAP settings create backends.local.php in the IMP
configuration directory.

> <?php
>   $servers['imap']['hostspec'] = '127.0.0.1';
>   $servers['imap']['port'] = 143;
etc