[horde] How to copy all Horde preferences from one user to another user?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Feb 29 17:23:44 UTC 2020

Quoting ersrpca001 ersrpca001 <ersrpca001 at hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> How can I copy all Horde preferences from one user to another user?
> Example:
> Copy all Horde preferences from user1 at mydomain to user2 at mydomain
>
> I need preferences from all Horde modules (Horde, Imp, Mnemo, etc).
> I am using Horde in a CentOS server with cPanel, which uses a sqlite
> database.
> I have found some information on Google, but I'm not sure.
>
> It would be great if I could just run a sql command in a similar way Jan
> wrote in here in a different situation:
> https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20051010/028971.html
> DELETE FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid='jake' AND pref_scope='nag';

Well, you _could_ do something like:

UPDATE horde_prefs SET pref_uid='user2' WHERE pref_uid='user1';

but be sure you have a backup of the database and inspect the results
of this operation closely. Be aware that there could very well be
values in those preferences that reference the username or email
address. Things like Identity preferences etc...