[horde] Problem with iPhone / Calendar App and Horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu May 21 16:47:34 UTC 2020

Quoting Andy Sloane <andrewsloane19887 at gmail.com>:

> This is a bit of a strange one.
>

> My Horde worked for a while with my iPhone.  I could add an event in
> Kronolith on the GUI, and it would appear on my iPhone in the 'Calendar'
> app.  And of course, vice versa.
>

> Now, I have a problem.
>

> For the Calendar app, I can now add an event on the GUI, and it will appear
> on the iPhone.  So far, so good.  But if I leave the device alone, with the
> Calendar app on display, then after about 10-12 seconds, every single event
> from the Horde, vanishes.   If I then leave it alone for a minute or so,
> the events all come back.   And so on.  Vanishing .. coming back...
> vanishing .. coming back.

Sounds like some kind of sync loop. They are usually caused by some
error in the data being sent to the client that causes the client to
re-pair the sync connection.  The only way we can help diagnose this
is with a synclog.  You enable/configure these in the ActiveSync tab
of the base horde admin screen. These can be large-ish, so feel free
to email to me directly.