[horde] Calendar in mobile view not to edit

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Sat Jul 4 16:45:33 UTC 2020

> That's by intention. In "smartmobile" mode, no calendar entries can be
> added or edited.
OK? Maybe it's just me, but I completely missing the point if that
intention.

Can't that behavior be changed directly?
Or do I misunderstand that is only a different view on the same data.

> There are two ways around this:
>
> 1) When logging in using a mobile browser, one may choose another mode
> to use (e.g. dynamic mode). Then the regular user interface..
as you stated not usable at all on a phone.

> 2) Instead of using Horde's web interface directly on the mobile device,
> one can make use one of the sync mechanisms that Horde provides, i.e.
> CalDAV or ActiveSync, to sync the calendar entries from the server to
> the mobile device and back. This allows for the use of some tailored app
> on the mobile device ...
Clearly above most average phone user. Even, if you search for some
advice on that.
If you find any, it mostly will integrate with your google calendar,
which IMHO directly contradicts the idea of hosting an own horde instance.
So "some tailored app" is kinda vague advice, if you have the usual
smartphone user. Google calendar surely is no option here.