[horde] Turba sync with IOS device only one direction

Michael Polenske m.polenske at web.de
Mon Jul 6 18:31:36 UTC 2020

Good evening,

On 06.07.20 19:53, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Michael Polenske <m.polenske at web.de>:
>
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> I use horde for our family devices and sync calendar, mail and address
>> books between my wife, kids and me. I don't know since when, because I
>> took some time to recognize the prob, but I see sync problems with turba
>> (kronolith & imp work fine):
>>
>> - create an entry in turba webinterface - contact is synced to IOS
>> device (latest version, 13.5.1)
>>
>> - create an entry on IOS device: it stays there, will not be synced to
>> server.
>>
>> If I now delete device in active sync device overview and force that way
>> a resync, the on IOS device created contacts are gone.
>>

>> Any hint where to start debugging ?
>
> Enable, and look at, the synchronizatino log. See if anything is
> attempted to be sent to the server after you make a change on the
> device. Are there any errors reporting during that process? Also, you
> can look in horde/webserver/php logs for errors...

Logs are enabled, but due to some reason no active sync logs are
generated -

$conf['activesync']['logging']['path'] = '/tmp/horde_ASdebug/';
$conf['activesync']['logging']['level'] = '1';
$conf['activesync']['logging']['type'] = 'perdevice';
$conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
$conf['log']['name'] = '/tmp/horde_debug.log';
$conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
$conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

General logging is working (horde_debug.log is created and being
updated), but no logging for active sync.

> Are the synchronization preferences set selected as you expect? Are
> the address books listed in that pref accurate?  Do you have "Support
> separate address books" checked? If not, is the "Address Book"
> preference for your default address book correct?

Yes, only one book per user, in own prefs the correct book is choosen.

Support for seperate books is unchecked.

Cheers - Michael