[horde] Issue on fresh install with translation and carddav

Laurent MÄNNLEIN lmannlein at auditiongineys.fr
Tue Jul 28 14:31:11 UTC 2020

Laurent MÄNNLEIN <lmannlein at auditiongineys.fr> le mar. 28 juil. 2020
09:17:56 UTC  a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> I hope that somebody can help me trigger this issue with a brand new server.
>
> I have installed a brand new Debian Buster server the same way I
> have my old Debian Jessie server with Postfix/Dovecot/Apache2/MariaDB.
> I would like to transfer all my email system from the old server to
> the new one.
> I have installed Horde using Pear repository on the new one like the old one.
>
> When I get to the login page, the fields displayed are always
> Username and Password and never get translated as on my old server.
> Even after the login page all the translation process does not work.
> I have worked with Michael Rubinski who helped me get some trace
> from the Horde system and the translation seems to gets blocked with
> the validation process.
>
> I have installed locally using 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' the en_US,
> es_ES, es_CA languages all in UTF-8 and I never got the translation
> for all of them, I still get an error with the validation of the
> language which is throwing back to the system default language
> 'fr_FR' but the strings displayed at the login page are still
> 'Username' and 'Password' even if the 'Language' box displays
> 'Français'. The same when the language box displays 'Català' or
> 'Español' I get english titles.
>
> I have checked if it was a debian problem but when installing
> Roundcube Webmail, all the translation is fine.
> I also have another web site with Wordpress which is fine also for
> translation.
> So for me it is only one thing which is not working with Horde but I
> can't figure out what. I have verified the debian packages and the
> Horde requirements and compared them with the old server and all
> seems to be equal.
> On the Debian 9 I have PHP 7.4 (upgraded from 5.x to 7.1, 7.2 and
> 7.3) and on the Debian 10 I have PHP 7.3.
> The Horde server is 5.2.22 with all the latest updates got from Pear.
>
> I have also followed the
> 'https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS' page and the
> results where:
>
> 1.2.1:
>
>     locale -a

> C.UTF-8
> fr_FR.utf8
> POSIX
>
> 1.2.2: Yes, the files are stored correctly
>
> 1.2.3:
>
>     strings /bin/tar | grep memory
>
> _obstack_memory_used
> memory exhausted
>
>     gettext tar "memory exhausted"
>
> mémoire épuisée
>
>     (LANG=fr_FR; LANGUAGE=fr_FR; LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR; gettext tar
> "memory exhausted" )
>

> bash: warning etlocale : LC_MESSAGES : impossible to change lang
> parameter (fr_FR) : no such file or directory
>
> memory exhausted
>
>     (LANG=fr_FR.utf8; LANGUAGE=fr_FR.utf8; LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR.utf8;
> gettext tar "memory exhausted" )
>
> mémoire épuisée
>
> 1.2.4:

> [...]

I have solved the CardDAV/CalDAV issue, a bad removal of the
/usr/share/php/Sabre folder.
I have re-created it with all inside and everything is fine for this part.

So the only issue now that I am facing since more than one month and
that I can't figure out is with the translation which keeps displaying
english default titles instead of the translated ones.

If somebody have a clue on this, you are VERY welcome!

Thanks,
Laurent