[horde] Install as non-privileged user?

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Sun Jan 31 17:44:26 UTC 2021

> Use a complete installation like documented in
> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#installing-into-separate-pear

Well. Seems the complete new install is the way to go.
Which rises the question, how to get rid of the old broken one.
Dumping the DB is obvious (btw: can I dump a non-webmail version and
import that in a webmail version?)

I've got a pear dir in my home and a .pearrc, plus a horde dir in my
doc-root (/var/www/virtual/<user>/html).
The pear dir must be a former local pear install by me.

Can I delete those dirs and the according db and then start over with
the above mentioned local pear install?