[horde] [better layout] Sudden user-interface changes for some users

DrOteonu oteonu at nanquanu.org
Sun Feb 14 10:50:30 UTC 2021

(Repost, the last email's layout was rendered terribly somehow.)

Dear Horde community,

We have been using Horde for years and with pleasure. However, suddenly, in some accounts the interface has changed, in a very unpleasant way. The strange thing is that this only happened in some user-accounts, without these users having made any changes in their
settings. And without us having upgraded Horde.

Some examples of the changes:

A. Calendar interface changes:

Original interface:

The URL generated by horde: https://[domain]/kronolith/#week%3A20210207
Screenshot: https://pasteboard.co/JOiRM7O.png

Among other things:
1) It has a "search" field in the upper-right corner, that functions
very well.
2) If you click somewhere in a column, a dialogue box appears to add a
new event.
3) Clicking an event, makes a user-friendly dialogue box appear that
allows you to edit it.

The changed interface:

The URL generated by horde: https://[domain]/kronolith/week.php
Screenshot: https://pasteboard.co/JOiR9KB.png
All the features 1, 2 and 3 are gone. It is hard to work with this
interface.

B.  Email client change

The email client changed from a full interface to a minimal hard-to-use
text-based interface for some users.

(End of examples.)

I have tried to go through all settings numerous times, but to no
avail.

This is just a sample of the things that have changed. Throughout
horde, more things seem to have changed. Funnily enough, this is the
case only for some users. I have the impression that somehow it serves
other dynamically-generated webpages to different users. E.g., I see
that the URLs generated by Horde have changed, but only for some users,
not for others.

How can we change it back? And what may have caused this? How can we
prevent these apparently unsolicited changes in the future?

Thanks in advance!

DrO