[horde] Sudden user-interface changes for some users

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at ursc.gov.in
Sun Feb 14 13:24:18 UTC 2021

----- Message from DrOteonu <oteonu at nanquanu.org> ---------
    Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 11:47:48 +0100
    From: DrOteonu <oteonu at nanquanu.org>
Subject: [horde] Sudden user-interface changes for some users
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Dear Horde community,
> We have been using Horde for years and with pleasure. However,
> suddenly, in some accounts the interface has changed, in a very
> unpleasant way. The strange thing is that this only happened in some
> user-accounts, without these users having made any changes in their
> settings. And without us having upgraded Horde.
> Some examples of the changes:
> A. Calendar interface changes:
> Original interface:
> The URL generated by horde:
> https://[domain]/kronolith/#week%3A20210207Screenshot: https://pasteboa
> rd.co/JOiRM7O.png
> Among other things:1) It has a "search" field in the upper-right
> corner, that functions very well. 2) If you click somewhere in a
> column, a dialogue box appears to add a new event. 3) Clicking an
> event, makes a user-friendly dialogue box appear that allows you to
> edit it.
> The changed interface:
> The URL generated by horde:
> https://[domain]/kronolith/week.phpScreenshot: https://pasteboard.co/JO
> iR9KB.pngAll the features 1, 2 and 3 are gone. It is hard to work with
> this interface.
> B.  Email client change
> The email client changed from a full interface to a minimal hard-to-use
> text-based interface for some users.
> (End of examples.)
> I have tried to go through all settings numerous times, but to no
> avail.
> This is just a sample of the things that have changed. Throughout
> horde, more things seem to have changed. Funnily enough, this is the
> case only for some users. I have the impression that somehow it serves
> other dynamically-generated webpages to different users. E.g., I see
> that the URLs generated by Horde have changed, but only for some users,
> not for others.
> How can we change it back? And what may have caused this? How can we
> prevent these apparently unsolicited changes in the future?
> Thanks in advance!
> DrO

----- End message from DrOteonu <oteonu at nanquanu.org> -----

As per my experience, it will happen, when either the browser crashes
or system is shutdown without logging out of Horde.

You may simulate and try.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant

ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) was renamed as U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC).
Hence, the existing domain (isac.gov.in) is changed to new domain ursc.gov.in
resulting into change of e-mail address from user at isac.gov.in to
user at ursc.gov.in.
Please note this change and update your contact details for new domain
(ursc.gov.in).
message.