[horde] Can't upgrade Horde_Memcache

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Jun 12 16:35:14 UTC 2021

Quoting impuser at bitrealm.com:

> Looks like there's a requirement that got placed on Horde/Memcache:
>
> horde/Horde_Memcache requires package "pecl/memcache" (version >= 2.0.0,
> version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1), installed
> version is 4.0.5.2
>
> My currently-installed version of Horde_Memcache only has a requiremnet
> that pecl/memcache is above 2.0.  I have version 4 installed, so no
> problem there; however, the latest Horde_Memcached also has a max
> version requirement of 3.0.0alpha1 of pecl/memcache, so I can't upgrade.
>
> I'm guessing the "max" version requirement got added by mistake?

Heh, that limitation has been in the code since 2017, however it looks
like we haven't released a new package since then.  My environment has
the pecl/memcached extension instead of memcache so I can't verify how
well it works. Are you able to verify version 4.x works as expected
with current Horde/Memcache code?