[horde] [SPAM] Re: Can't upgrade Horde_Memcache

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jun 23 23:16:35 UTC 2021

----- Message from Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com> ---------
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:58:26 -0700
    From: Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [horde] Can't upgrade Horde_Memcache
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

{snip}

----- End message from Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com> -----

Hi list,

Interesting side comment....  Brent, your domain is DMARC tagged to
reject on fail, which means emails to the Horde list get tagged as
"dmarc=fail (p=reject dis=none) header.from=bitrealm.com". Emails you
send to mailing lists have a significantly increased likelihood of not
reaching the intended recipients.

Up to the last few days my spam config has coped with that OK on this
list using bayes learning and a specific mailing list negative score.
But recently Horde mailing list emails are triggering RAZOR anti-spam
scores, which combined with the DMARC reject on fail results in these
ones ending up in Junk.

I'll have a tweak of my config, but be aware that your emails to this
list may not be reaching all recipients - if they respect the DMARC
reject instruction or Spam score based on it.

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16