[horde] Can't upgrade Horde_Memcache

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 25 09:01:19 UTC 2021

Brent wrote:
>   Quoting Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:
>> You can run the "horde-memcache-stats" tool to show you some stats
>> about cache usage.  If the figures reported there increase over time,
>> as users access common data within Horde, you can be pretty sure that
>> the cache is actually being used.

> Hmm...well:
>
> $ horde-memcache-stats
>    Fatal Error:
>    Memcache HashTable driver not enabled.
>
>    1. Horde_Cli->fatal() /usr/bin/horde-memcache-stats:32
>
> I seem to have caching turned on in Settings>Horde>Caching.
>
> * $conf[cache][default_lifetime] = 8640
> * $conf[cache][driver] = Store data in filesystem
> $conf[cache][params][dir] = /var/lib/php/session
> * $conf[cache][use_memorycache] = None

This means you're using a filesystem cache, but not memcached.

> I do have files in /var/lib/php/session/* that start with cache_, about
> 2900 of them.  I tried changing the last option from None to the
> available options and I still get "HashTable driver not enabled".  I'm
> unclear where this setting might be located.

On the Horde configuration page, go to the "Distributed Hash Table" tab.
  You can enter the specifics of your memcached server(s) there.  In a
simple setup, you'd just enter 127.0.0.1 for hostspec and 11211 for
port.  Of course, you need to be sure beforehand that the memcached
server is running properly (the most basic check is to run "systemctl
status memcached", on common Linux systems).

Once the information about memcached has become active in Horde's
configuration, go back to the "Caching" tab. You should now be able to
select "Use a Distributed Hash Table server" for the
"$conf[cache][driver]" setting.

Jens