[horde] PGP keyservers

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Sep 22 22:44:41 UTC 2021

A pet hate of mine is when people PGP sign *every email* by default
but then don't have their keys publicly published for validation - so
Imp disappears into black hole waiting for the server to verify the key.

I've had a few happen recently, and have noticed that of the PGP
servers listed by default in Horde two are no longer running -
pool.sks-keyservers.net and subkeys.pgp.net.

I currently have Horde configured to try pgp.mit.edu (which works
sometimes, times out other times) and keys.openpgp.org, but I get a
lot of misses, even from some people who I trust to have done the
right thing and published their key, Michael Rubinsky among them :)

What is the recommended list of PGP servers?

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16