[horde] Add Travel Time to Calendar Appointment

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Oct 7 15:23:41 UTC 2021

Quoting Horst Simon <horst.simon2 at icloud.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add to Calendar Appointments travel time?
>
> Regards,
> Horst

Hi Horst,

I am not very sure I understand that feature. At the moment you can
make descriptions or you can add resources (like meeting rooms or any
demonstration material you need to have reservation on or take with
you), Attendees and a location but there is no field for travel time.
You could add separate appointments before and after representing
travel. I see it can be cumbersome if done a lot.

Can you describe it a bit more, the use case and how you think it
should be represented?
Is it additional fields stored in the appointment? How should this
affect appointment length as displayed?
Do you know of a calendaring solution which already has this feature
so possibly icalendar attributes could be aligned?

Can others comment if they have seen or missed such a feature in other
solutions?

Regards

Ralf