[horde] How to migrate a user from one mail address to another?

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at ursc.gov.in
Tue Oct 19 10:25:15 UTC 2021

----- Message from Michael Brohl <michael at brohl.net> ---------
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:30:30 +0200
    From: Michael Brohl <michael at brohl.net>
Subject: [horde] How to migrate a user from one mail address to another?
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi everyone,As you are using mysql as the backend one of our users
> needs to have his email address changed due to a name change.
>
> Is there a proposed way to migrate his mail, calendars, notes, sieve
> filters etc. from one email to another on the same server?
>
> We are using Horde webmail 5.2.22 with postfix, dovecot and mysql
> with virtual users.
>
> Any hint is appreciated, thank you!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael

----- End message from Michael Brohl <michael at brohl.net> -----

As you are using mysql as the backend, it can be achieved by the
following steps.

1. Stop the Front end mail service (stop httpd).
2. Take mysqldump with remove databases and recreate database option.
3. replace old email id with new email id globally in the dump file.
4. restore mysqldump with updated file.
5. start httpd

This I did, when our domain had changed. Luckily the domain part had
the same length as the old one. There was no change in username.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant

ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) was renamed as U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC).
Hence, the existing domain (isac.gov.in) is changed to new domain ursc.gov.in
resulting into change of e-mail address from user at isac.gov.in to
user at ursc.gov.in.
Please note this change and update your contact details for new domain
(ursc.gov.in).
message.