[horde] Horde_Groups: Conversion from SQL to LDAP can be tricky

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Oct 20 13:28:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

in case you want to migrate from Horde_Groups SQL Backend to the LDAP
backend, ensure you cleanup any shares assigned to SQL-based groups.
Otherwise you can run into unexpected, seemingly unrelated problems like
Kronolith unable to present any calendars.

HOW TO:

In your SQL backend:

SHOW TABLES like "%sharesng_groups";

For each table, look at the group IDs. SQL group IDs are numbers, LDAP
group IDs are fully qualified group DNs
("cn=foo,ou=IT,OU=internal,dc=examplecompany")
The numeric group IDs need to be replaced with their LDAP equivalents.

I remember I fixed one related issue before and recently I ran into
another one for which I still need to publish a patch.

--

Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de