[horde] trouble with prefs

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Oct 20 08:53:48 UTC 2021

Am 19.10.21 um 17:18 schrieb Ralf Lang:
> it is very interesting you are not getting errors on export/import of prefs. The idea was if it was content no longer compatible with the infrastructure stack (ldap lib, prefs lib, core glue) we would see errors here. This is not the case.
>
> horde-db-migrate mostly does table schema migrations and some few cases of autogenerating or transforming data for new mandatory columns. This will not help with prefs stored in ldap, but I am also not sure which prefs could possibly cause issues - apart from the portal blocks layout.

Hello,

I've an update.
Horde3 write impPrefs:signature as plain text, while all other values are base64 encoded.
If I remove impPrefs:signature from a users LDAP-data, Horde5 do not exit with the error mentioned in my initial post.

I added "$_prefs['signature']['hook'] = true;" to horde/imp/config/prefs.local.php
and wrote a hook in horde/imp/config/hooks.local.php

Q: which value should this hook (prefs_init) return?

Andreas