[horde] Horde Database help

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Sun Jan 15 16:01:47 UTC 2023

On 1/15/23 07:57, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Due to some hardware issue, we had to move to a earlier setup server
> (Horde) which was active till 4 months before. Due to urgency, we just
> continued with the Horde data base which was existing on that server 4
> months back.  With this, users were able to use the system.  Within 2
> days, we could resolve the hardware issue on production server and again
> shifted back.
>
> In these 2 days, the earlier server would have updated Horde database.
>   Basically, we are interested in data where information like, a mail
> which was forwarded/redirected/replied etc information is stored which
> is generally visible when we open a mail and that information is
> displayed.  So, currently, we are missing that information for those 2
> days mails on production server.
>
> We are using HGWE 5.2.22.
>
> We are using MariaDB.  Which are the tables which should be looking at
> for such information?
>
> Will it be possible to do restore only such records from old Horde
> Server Database (by dumping only such records) and importing in
> production server database?
>
> If yes, please suggest, how to import such records alone from old server
> Horde database to production server.
>
> At least some guidance /idea (steps).
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Avant. Our system uses postgresql as a database, but I don't believe
the mail data like you describe above is stored there. I could be wrong,
but I think that information is present in your mail IMAP storage, ie.
in our system we use Cyrus.

I believe the databases like MariaDB and Postgresql store the account
and contact list information. The email metadata is part of the mail
IMAP system like Cyrus or Dovecot.

Hope this helps.

--
Andy Dorman