[horde] Install horde with composer

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 20 13:06:34 UTC 2023

I haven't been able to get Horde to work since I upgraded my server to PHP8.

Therefore I tried to make a new install of horde with composer on my
server (openSUSE 15.4)

As described in https://github.com/horde/horde-deployment#readme I
entered the following commands.

|git clone https://github.com/maintaina-com/horde-deployment.git horde
cd /srv/www/htdocs/horde composer install|

That worked without problems.

I have little experience with composer, so I don't understand the next
instruction in the readme file.

"Then copy the main horde config file to point your web server root to
the web/ subdir"

 From where should I copy what kind of file to what folder? Of course I
backuped all horde files.

Is it necessary to set up a new named virtual host to access the new
horde site? Is the new documentroot for Hoerde|srv/www/htdocs/horde/web ?

Please give me a hint? Thank you in advance.

--
Regards from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber