[horde] Install horde with composer

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 20 17:32:09 UTC 2023

Am 20.01.23 um 16:01 schrieb Brent:
>  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:
>
>> I haven't been able to get Horde to work since I upgraded my server
>> to PHP8.
>>
>> Therefore I tried to make a new install of horde with composer on my
>> server (openSUSE 15.4)
>>
>> As described in https://github.com/horde/horde-deployment#readme I
>> entered the following commands.
>>
>> |git clone https://github.com/maintaina-com/horde-deployment.git
>> horde cd /srv/www/htdocs/horde composer install|
>>
>> That worked without problems.
>>
>> I have little experience with composer, so I don't understand the
>>
>> "Then copy the main horde config file to point your web server root
>> to the web/ subdir"
>>
>> From where should I copy what kind of file to what folder? Of course
>> I backuped all horde files.
>>
>> Is it necessary to set up a new named virtual host to access the new
>> horde site? Is the new documentroot for
>> Hoerde|srv/www/htdocs/horde/web ?
>> |

>> Please give me a hint? Thank you in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Regards from Austria
>> Ferdinand Gruber
>> --
>
> In my case, my composer install is in "/var/www/html/horde". The
> webroot becomes "/var/www/html/horde/web" and so I updated my apache
> config to reflect that location.
>
> You then just copy
> "/var/www/html/horde/web/horde/config/conf.php.dist" to
> "/var/www/html/horde/web/config/conf.php" and then you should be able
> to connect to the admin interface and start setting things up the way
> you want.
>
> brent

Thank you, that helped.

I created a Virtuel Host for Horde on the webserver.

Then I copied the conf.php from the former horde installation to
/srv/www/htdocs/horde/var/config/horde/. Hope that is okay. Anyway, now
the Login page of Horde appears in the web browser.

After entering username and password I get this errors:

*Warning*:
require_once(/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/vendor/autoload.php): Failed
to open stream: No such file or directory in
*/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/horde/rampage.php* on line *2*

*Fatal error*: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required
'/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/vendor/autoload.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php8:/usr/share/php/PEAR') in
/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/horde/rampage.php:2 Stack trace: #0
{main} thrown in */srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/horde/rampage.php*
on line *2*

--
Regards from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber