[horde] Install horde with composer in name based virtual host

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Sat Jan 28 01:07:01 UTC 2023

  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

> I tried a fresh install of Horde with composer as described here:
> https://github.com/horde/horde-deployment
>
> But I am not able to get horde to work. Now I suppose, maybe it
> cannot be installed in a subdomain.
>
> My domain-name is grubit.at
>
> I created a name based virtual host on the server using the
> documentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/horde/web
>
> I hope this vhost con is right:
>
> <VirtualHost 178.254.55.178:80>
>        DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/horde/web
>        ServerName horde.grubit.at
>        ServerAlias www.horde.grubit.at[1]
>
>   <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/web">
>        Options FollowSymLinks
>        AllowOverride All
>        Require all granted
>   </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> With the web browser I call the horde site with horde.grubit.at
>
> I suppose that now should the Horde wizart start to lead me through
> the installation process.
>
> Butt I get redirected to a page, that does not exist.
>
> Please try it, calling: http://horde.grubit.at
>
> --
> Regards from Austria
> Ferdinand Gruber

In examining the header coming back from your server, I see:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 00:54:29 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.51 (Linux/SUSE)

You'll note the Location redirect is three "/"s, indicating that
something isn't returing the Host: spec back to the browser. So, it's
not that it is redirecting to the hostname "horde", it is that it is
returning NULL for the hostname back to the browser for some reason.

I'm not sure how one can create that situation, offhand. So, the
redirect to the proper URL is happening, it is just missing the
leading hostname.

I don't normally have a Directory declaration within my VirtualHost
declaration. I do them separately. So, I'd have:

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/web">
       Options FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride All
       Require all granted