[horde] Cannot install Horde with composer on openSUSE 15.4

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Mon Feb 6 16:13:39 UTC 2023

  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

> Am 06.02.23 um 00:49 schrieb Brent:
>>  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:
>>
>>> I've been using Horde for almost 20 years now. PHP8 was installed
>>> with the upgrade to Suse 15.4. Since upgrading to PHP8, Horde has
>>> stopped working.
>>>
>>> Now I tried a new install of Horde with composer. I am sure that I
>>> did everything correctly according to the instructions on github.
>>> I also created a virtualHost for Horde using
>>> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/web as documentRoot
>>>
>>> After successful installation I think, that something like an
>>> installation wizard should appear after calling the Horde site in
>>> the web-browser. But instead I am redirected to a login page, that
>>> of course does not exist.
>>>
>>> You can examine this on my real site: https://horde.grubit.at
>>>
>>> After this I tried to get Horde to work using an openSUSE VM. I
>>> have such a VirtualBox VM running on my home computer for test
>>> purposes. After having added some needed modules and other stuff I
>>> got apache2 to work on that VM. Additionally I had to set up the
>>> mysql server and to install composer on the VM.
>>>
>>> On that VM there was never Horde installed or PEAR.
>>>
>>> Now I could install Horde with composer and copied the sample
>>> config file to conf.php and called
>>>
>>> cd /srv/www/htdocs/horde
>>> composer horde-reconfigure
>>>
>>> I opened the web browser in the VM and called http://localhost/horde/web
>>>
>>> Now I expected the installation wizard or something similar. But
>>> instead of that I get redirected to this address:
>>>
>>> http://localhost/horde/login.php
>>>
>>> So the same thing happens as on my production server.
>>>
>>> I'm sorry, I suspect a bug in Horde's PHP code that only appears
>>> in SUSE. How can I debug this?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards from Austria
>>> Ferdinand Gruber
>>
>> As I've said, I have horde (dev6) working on Opensuse 15.4 and php
>> 8.0. I also did a force upgrade to php 8.1 and Horde continued to
>> function just fine on Opensuse 15.4. Try to install at least one
>> component, preferably Imp and see if that installs other modules
>> that you might be missing.

>> $  composer require horde/imp dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0
>>
>> When I go to your site like this:
>>
>> https://horde.grubit.at/horde/login.php
>>
>> I'm getting an Auth driver not found. This is because there is no
>> cookie being set for Horde_Auth. I'm a little unclear why that
>> would happen, offhand. I see Net_DNS2 is also missing, but that
>> will be installed if you add the "imp" package.
>>
>> Going to your site:
>>
>> https://horde.grubit.at
>>
>> ...without a trailing path, it is redirecting without the
>> hostname...somehow it is NULL. I've tried all manner of weird
>> things on my OpenSUSE installation to try to get the system to NOT
>> return the hostname and I can't seem to reproduce that odd behavior.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I installed imp without errors on horde.grubit.at and on my VM but
> that changed nothing.

> [...]

The ""strange login" page you mention is happening because something
is stripping out the hostname and being set as NULL in the url on the
redirect to horde/login.php. I've no idea what that might be in your
case.

Enable logging (debug/info) in Horde and see if anything "interesting"
is showing up. If you edit your main "conf.php", you'll want to log to
a file that has write access for the web user. You COULD start with
logging priority "INFO" first, then go to "DEBUG" if nothing
interesting is showing up.

$conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
$conf['log']['name'] = '/logs/horde.log';
$conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
$conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

Brent