[horde] Cannot install Horde with composer on openSUSE 15.4

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Mon Feb 6 18:50:58 UTC 2023

  Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

>>> As I've said, I have horde (dev6) working on Opensuse 15.4 and php
>>> 8.0. I also did a force upgrade to php 8.1 and Horde continued to
>>> function just fine on Opensuse 15.4. Try to install at least one
>>> component, preferably Imp and see if that installs other modules
>>> that you might be missing.

>>> $  composer require horde/imp dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0
>>>
>>> When I go to your site like this:
>>>
>>> https://horde.grubit.at/horde/login.php
>>>
>>> I'm getting an Auth driver not found. This is because there is no
>>> cookie being set for Horde_Auth. I'm a little unclear why that
>>> would happen, offhand. I see Net_DNS2 is also missing, but that
>>> will be installed if you add the "imp" package.
>>>
>>> Going to your site:
>>>
>>> https://horde.grubit.at
>>>
>>> ...without a trailing path, it is redirecting without the
>>> hostname...somehow it is NULL. I've tried all manner of weird
>>> things on my OpenSUSE installation to try to get the system to NOT
>>> return the hostname and I can't seem to reproduce that odd behavior.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> I installed imp without errors on horde.grubit.at and on my VM but
>> that changed nothing.
>>
>> I don't get it to work neither on my production site nor on my SUSE
>> VM. I always get redirected to that strange login page.
>>
>> Thank you for trying to help me.
>>
>> --
>> Regards from Austria
>> Ferdinand Gruber
>>

>   The ""strange login" page you mention is happening because
> something is stripping out the hostname and being set as NULL in the
> url on the redirect to horde/login.php. I've no idea what that might
> be in your case.
>
> Enable logging (debug/info) in Horde and see if anything
> "interesting" is showing up. If you edit your main "conf.php",
> you'll want to log to a file that has write access for the web user.
> You COULD start with logging priority "INFO" first, then go to
> "DEBUG" if nothing interesting is showing up.
>
> $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
> $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
> $conf['log']['name'] = '/logs/horde.log';
> $conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
> $conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
> $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
> $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
>
> Brent

I also see that the webuser can't write to the static directory on
your production server:

Is /srv/www/htdocs/horde/web/static writable by the web server user? No

I don't think this is necessary...but...something to check since other
permissions issues might exist. I usually run the composer program as
the  webuser. Failing that, just chwon -R and chgrp -R the
/srv/www/htdocs/horde directory (in your case).

brent