[horde] Cannot install Horde with composer on openSUSE 15.4

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Thu Feb 9 01:48:30 UTC 2023

  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

> Am 06.02.23 um 19:50 schrieb Brent:
>>  Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>>>   The ""strange login" page you mention is happening because
>>> something is stripping out the hostname and being set as NULL in
>>> the url on the redirect to horde/login.php. I've no idea what that
>>> might be in your case.
>>>
>>> Enable logging (debug/info) in Horde and see if anything
>>> "interesting" is showing up. If you edit your main "conf.php",
>>> you'll want to log to a file that has write access for the web
>>> user. You COULD start with logging priority "INFO" first, then go
>>> to "DEBUG" if nothing interesting is showing up.
>>>
>>> $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
>>> $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
>>> $conf['log']['name'] = '/logs/horde.log';
>>> $conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
>>> $conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
>>> $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
>>> $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
>>>
>>> Brent
>>
>> I also see that the webuser can't write to the static directory on
>> your production server:
>
> Sorry,  Iforgot to change the permissions after installation. Now I
> changed the ownership of all the files in/srv/www/htdochs/horde to
> wwwrun.www
>
> But that did not change anything for me.
>
> Now I tried a few things:
>
> I copied the above config settings into
> horde/var/config/horde/conf.php. This is now the content of that file:
>
> $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG';
> $conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
> $conf['log']['name'] = '/var/log/horde.log';
> $conf['log']['params']['append'] = true;
> $conf['log']['params']['format'] = 'default';
> $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
> $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
>
> if (!defined('HORDE_BASE')) define('HORDE_BASE',
> '/srv/www/htdocs/horde/web/horde');
> ini_set('include_path',
> '/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/autoloader/lib:/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/form/lib/:' .
>  ini_get('include_path'));
>        require_once('/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/core/lib/Horde/Core/Nosql.php');
>        require_once('/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/autoload.php');
>
> But that does also not change anything.
>
> I suppose, that there could be something wrong with the apache2
> configuration.
> I tried the directive UseCanonicalName = On in the virtualHost
> config file. But that also did not change anything.
>
> --
> Regards from Austria
> Ferdinand Gruber

I'm getting an error on your test.php page:
https://horde.grubit.at/horde/test.php

Required Configuration Files

    config/conf.php: No
    The file config/conf.php is outputting a non-empty string when
parsed. Configuration files should not output anything. Output string:

    Hostname: horde.grubit.at

I DO see the imp login page test now work, sorta. I think you might be
getting close!

brent