[horde] initial conf file and DB with composer install?

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Sun Mar 5 15:24:28 UTC 2023

  Quoting Frank Lienhard <frank at mclien.de>:

> On 3/5/23 15:46, Peter Øgaard Meyland wrote:
>>  Citat af Frank Lienhard <frank at mclien.de>:

>>> Well I did a new install. And with some obstacles I have a
>>> somewhat running horde6, but still I can't get it in a working
>>> state using a sub-domain in a shared hosting env.
>>>
>>> I do get the hosting to the point where the DocRoot points to the
>>> horde installation, but the re-write rules ail at a point:
>>> WARNING: [pool www] child 26851 said into stderr: "[02-Mar-2023
>>> 16:09:18 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:
>>> require_once(<instpath>/horde/vendor/vendor/autoload.php): Failed
>>> to open stream: No such file or directory in
>>> <instpath>/horde/vendor/horde/horde/rampage.php on line 2"
>>>
>>> I used grep recursively and there is no conf file which contains
>>> "vendor/vendor".
>>>
>>> Resulting in the need to add the "index.php" in every app that is
>>> used. So I think I'l ive up.
>>> --
>>
>> Had almost the same problem until i did the Apache configuration
>> right. I ended up with a virtual Apache2 configuration, that looks
>> like this:
>>  <VirtualHost webmail.example.com:80>
>>          ServerName webmail.example.com
>>          ServerAdmin admin at example.com
>>          DocumentRoot /var/www/horde/web
>>          # Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/horde/web/rpc.php
>>          DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>>          <Directory /var/www/horde>
>>                  AllowOverride All
>>                  Options FollowSymLinks
>>          </Directory>
>>          ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/webmail-error.log
>>          CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/webmail-access.log combined
>>  </VirtualHost>
>>

> I read that one, but since I'm on a shared hosting, I can't change
> the apache vhosts. What I can do is to link hordes web to be the
> DocumentRoot of my subdomain.
>
> It then requires a "RewriteBase /" in the .htaccess file of the DocumentRoot.
>
> I then end up with the vendor/vendor Problem. Did a fresh (empty)
> install to verify the problem.
> My best guess is, that there is some combination of a path in some
> variable in combination with a relative path starting with
> "../../../" or similar. Which then endup in the vendor-path instead
> one up in the horde path. (hope that makes some sence?)
>
> So it might still take a while till this might work, but it can very
> well be the case that my hoster is deactivating the last 7.x php
> version before that, which will leave me loosing all may calendar
> data (or at least in a very difficult to recover version.)
>
> So as sad as that is, since I very
> much like horde, I have to search fro a Plan B.
> --

Let me see if I can install into a directory so the URL required is
<somedomain.something>/horde. I've not done that, so i don't know
offhand if there's an issue. It SHOULD work. You will certainly need
to modify the cookie so that the horde cookie is /horde and not just
"/", which is the default. This is in the main conf.php file.

$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/';  # should be changed to '/horde'

I don't know if the session cookie domain needs to be modified:

$conf['cookie']['domain'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];

I think that should be fine. It'll take me a little while to spin this up.

brent