[horde] initial conf file and DB with composer install?

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Sun Mar 5 15:08:08 UTC 2023

On 3/5/23 15:46, Peter Øgaard Meyland wrote:
>   Citat af Frank Lienhard <frank at mclien.de>:

>>> Finally, with you link I found the missung link :-)
>>> in 2. Configuring Horde
>>> "To configure Horde, change to the config/ directory of the installed
>>> distribution, and copy the conf.php.dist configuration file to
>>> conf.php."
>>>
>>> Thanks for the hint. I now have a fallback, if I keep failing to
>>> migrate my H5....
>>
>> Well I did a new install. And with some obstacles I have a somewhat
>> running horde6, but still I can't get it in a working state using a
>> sub-domain in a shared hosting env.
>>
>> I do get the hosting to the point where the DocRoot points to the
>> horde installation, but the re-write rules ail at a point:
>> WARNING: [pool www] child 26851 said into stderr: "[02-Mar-2023
>> 16:09:18 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:
>> require_once(<instpath>/horde/vendor/vendor/autoload.php): Failed to
>> open stream: No such file or directory in
>> <instpath>/horde/vendor/horde/horde/rampage.php on line 2"
>>
>> I used grep recursively and there is no conf file which contains
>> "vendor/vendor".
>>
>> Resulting in the need to add the "index.php" in every app that is
>> used. So I think I'l ive up.
>> --
>
> Had almost the same problem until i did the Apache configuration right.
> I ended up with a virtual Apache2 configuration, that looks like this:
>   <VirtualHost webmail.example.com:80>
>           ServerName webmail.example.com
>           ServerAdmin admin at example.com
>           DocumentRoot /var/www/horde/web
>           # Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/horde/web/rpc.php
>           DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>           <Directory /var/www/horde>
>                   AllowOverride All
>                   Options FollowSymLinks
>           </Directory>
>           ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/webmail-error.log
>           CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/webmail-access.log combined
>   </VirtualHost>

I read that one, but since I'm on a shared hosting, I can't change the
apache vhosts. What I can do is to link hordes web to be the
DocumentRoot of my subdomain.

It then requires a "RewriteBase /" in the .htaccess file of the
DocumentRoot.

I then end up with the vendor/vendor Problem. Did a fresh (empty)
install to verify the problem.
My best guess is, that there is some combination of a path in some
variable in combination with a relative path starting with "../../../"
or similar. Which then endup in the vendor-path instead one up in the
horde path. (hope that makes some sence?)

So it might still take a while till this might work, but it can very
well be the case that my hoster is deactivating the last 7.x php version
before that, which will leave me loosing all may calendar data (or at
least in a very difficult to recover version.)

So as sad as that is, since I very
  much like horde, I have to search fro a Plan B.