[horde] Horde project status

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Thu Mar 16 17:53:59 UTC 2023

On 3/16/23 13:30, lameventanas at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I wonder if anyone else has thought about the Horde project status, as
> there are a few things that make me worry.

I think most horde users are having questions of that kind.

Sadly I am no developer of my own, just some sys admin dude. I did try
the alpha version of Horde6, which basically works (there is some error
with the path in the timzeone-part of it).

So is there really manpower the "only" thing missing?
If that is the case and there are some more users of horde are in the
same position like me, which would be I totally would rather run a beta
version of horde, than migrating to another groupware entirely.

So would I put some money behind my words? Yes I would.

Might a crowdfunding to hire some developers do the trick?
Can someone guesstimating the amount of money needed to get horde6 from
alpha to beta?

just my 2 cents