[horde] Horde project status

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Thu Apr 6 19:33:32 UTC 2023

On 4/6/23 21:20, Simon B wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 at 10:49, Stephan Lauffer <lauffer at ph-freiburg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!

>>> No ActiveSync, but it also use Horde library.
>>> We using Horde since 15 years but can not wait longer, at the moment
>>> there is no announcement/release plan. :-(
>>>
>>> Look like egroupware.org is an option, also based on the Horde library...
>>
>> We have a support contract with b1 systems and are using a pre6 alpha
>> version maintained by them. Ralf Lang was working for b1 in the past
>> and he is still active here.
>>
>> I hope b1 systems will be some more "verbose" on the mailinglists
>> here. Maybe they can do some more, maybe they can fill the gap...
>>
>> There is development, there are patches, new features... just missing
>> a big movment in the direction of a new v6 release (and there are
>> still not that much improvments on the mobile view).
>
> The real question is what can we - as a community - do?
>
> git pull and fork?
>
> We offered to do crowd-funding almost 2 years ago and the LLC did not
> respond to that idea.

What about all of that? fork and d crowdfunding? Anyone here who has the
experience and time make it happen (like in a "leader" role?)
I'm totally inexperienced with that, but it seems all important
questions are unanswered.
Is someone here able to estimate to time needed to get this done?
I looks a bit like it s getting close to impossible since php7 is like a
no-go zone soon..