[horde] Horde project status

Michael Schlueter michael at johalla.de
Fri Apr 7 13:47:16 UTC 2023

Am 06.04.23 um 21:33 schrieb Frank Lienhard:

> On 4/6/23 21:20, Simon B wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 at 10:49, Stephan Lauffer <lauffer at ph-freiburg.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!

>>> We have a support contract with b1 systems and are using a pre6 alpha
>>> version maintained by them. Ralf Lang was working for b1 in the past
>>> and he is still active here.
>>>
>>> I hope b1 systems will be some more "verbose" on the mailinglists
>>> here. Maybe they can do some more, maybe they can fill the gap...
>>>
>>> There is development, there are patches, new features... just missing
>>> a big movment in the direction of a new v6 release (and there are
>>> still not that much improvments on the mobile view).
>>
>> The real question is what can we - as a community - do?
>>
>> git pull and fork?
>>
>> We offered to do crowd-funding almost 2 years ago and the LLC did not
>> respond to that idea.
>
> What about all of that? fork and d crowdfunding? Anyone here who has
> the experience and time make it happen (like in a "leader" role?)
> I'm totally inexperienced with that, but it seems all important
> questions are unanswered.
> Is someone here able to estimate to time needed to get this done?
> I looks a bit like it s getting close to impossible since php7 is like
> a no-go zone soon..

A few days ago I did a fork of https://github.com/maintaina-com/imp and
added some changes for the deprecate serialize usage. Now I'm waiting
for a review of Ralf Lange:

https://github.com/maintaina-com/imp/pull/10

Maybe someone with more PHP experiences than me can also review the code
an give me some feedback :-)