[horde] Upgrade H5 (pear) to H6 ( composer), login possible, but "guest not authorized for" applications

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Sun Apr 9 21:07:33 UTC 2023

Hi together,

I'm currently upgrading form H5 to H6alpha based on composer.

Old:  Debian Stretch & PHP 7.4

New: Debian Bookworm & PHP 8.2

I managed the installation, config and DB migration and can log into Horde.

On the landing page after login  I can see my widgets of imp incl the newest
mails, kronolith incl the next appointments and nag with its tasks.  ->
Horde/the apps are able to retrieve the correct data.

However, Every time I try to switch to one of this specific apps like imp,
kronolith or turba via the top row menu I get kicked out and Horde logs
"Guest not authorized to imp|kronolith|turba". -> Why does horde treat my
login suddenly as "guest" - it was even possible to load the correct widget
data for my user..)

I get the login mask presented again after being kickout, but I cannot
re-login into it. If I close the tab and start with the proper URL I can
login back into horde but again only into the landing page.

Some additional symptoms/information, maybe the tell you something I do not
see:

*	Session handling is filed based
*	sessions are written into /tmp.
*	Every time I get kicked out horde starts another session and adds a
session file to /tmp.
*	If I enter the admin area and go to "sessions" in the left column
(vendor/horde/horde/admin/sessions.php) , It takes some loading time ( 5-10
seconds) until it opens that page. This is not happenin in my old 7.4
installation, ther it opens instantaneously

 Does anyone know this symptoms and has an Idea where to start?

Many thanks & Kind regards,

Torben