[horde] Upgrade H5 (pear) to H6 ( composer), login possible, but "guest not authorized for" applications

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Sun Apr 9 23:18:34 UTC 2023

  Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:

> Hi together,
>
> I'm currently upgrading form H5 to H6alpha based on composer.
>
> Old:  Debian Stretch & PHP 7.4
>
> New: Debian Bookworm & PHP 8.2
>
> I managed the installation, config and DB migration and can log into Horde.
>
> On the landing page after login  I can see my widgets of imp incl the newest
> mails, kronolith incl the next appointments and nag with its tasks.  ->
> Horde/the apps are able to retrieve the correct data.
>
> However, Every time I try to switch to one of this specific apps like imp,
> kronolith or turba via the top row menu I get kicked out and Horde logs
> "Guest not authorized to imp|kronolith|turba". -> Why does horde treat my
> login suddenly as "guest" - it was even possible to load the correct widget
> data for my user..)
>
> I get the login mask presented again after being kickout, but I cannot
> re-login into it. If I close the tab and start with the proper URL I can
> login back into horde but again only into the landing page.
>
> Some additional symptoms/information, maybe the tell you something I do not
> see:
>
> *        Session handling is filed based
> *        sessions are written into /tmp.
> *        Every time I get kicked out horde starts another session and adds a
> session file to /tmp.
> *        If I enter the admin area and go to "sessions" in the left column
> (vendor/horde/horde/admin/sessions.php) , It takes some loading time ( 5-10
> seconds) until it opens that page. This is not happenin in my old 7.4
> installation, ther it opens instantaneously
>
> Does anyone know this symptoms and has an Idea where to start?
>
> Many thanks & Kind regards,
>
> Torben

What are you using for the Horde login backend? What's your url? Cookie path?

Horde-> Admin:
What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?

Typically it's "Let a horde appplication handle authentication"
I use imp and it is set to just "user" and not "user at domain" for the login.

I have my URL set as "some.domain.com" and point the webroot for that
DNS name to the horde directory. If it isn't like that, you might need
to mess with cookie path.

That's in:  Horde->General-> $conf[cookie][path]  . Mine is blank, I'm
not sure what to set it to if you're using a subdir for the
installation (eg:  www.test.com/horde).

You could have a caching issue...try an igcognito session or another
browser to see if the problem persists.

brent