[horde] Upgrade H5 (pear) to H6 ( composer), login possible, but "guest not authorized for" applications

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Mon Apr 10 08:16:07 UTC 2023

Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:
>
>> Hi together,
>>
>> I'm currently upgrading form H5 to H6alpha based on composer.
>>
>> Old:  Debian Stretch & PHP 7.4
>>
>> New: Debian Bookworm & PHP 8.2
>>
>> I managed the installation, config and DB migration and can log into Horde.
>>
>> On the landing page after login  I can see my widgets of imp incl the newest
>> mails, kronolith incl the next appointments and nag with its tasks.  ->
>> Horde/the apps are able to retrieve the correct data.
>>
>> However, Every time I try to switch to one of this specific apps like imp,
>> kronolith or turba via the top row menu I get kicked out and Horde logs
>> "Guest not authorized to imp|kronolith|turba". -> Why does horde treat my
>> login suddenly as "guest" - it was even possible to load the correct widget
>> data for my user..)
>>
>> I get the login mask presented again after being kickout, but I cannot
>> re-login into it. If I close the tab and start with the proper URL I can
>> login back into horde but again only into the landing page.
>>
>> Some additional symptoms/information, maybe the tell you something I do not
>> see:
>>
>> *        Session handling is filed based
>> *        sessions are written into /tmp.
>> *        Every time I get kicked out horde starts another session and adds a
>> session file to /tmp.
>> *        If I enter the admin area and go to "sessions" in the left column
>> (vendor/horde/horde/admin/sessions.php) , It takes some loading time ( 5-10
>> seconds) until it opens that page. This is not happenin in my old 7.4
>> installation, ther it opens instantaneously
>>
>> Does anyone know this symptoms and has an Idea where to start?
>>
>> Many thanks & Kind regards,
>>
>> Torben
>>

> What are you using for the Horde login backend? What's your url? Cookie path?
>
> Horde-> Admin:
> What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?
>
> Typically it's "Let a horde appplication handle authentication"
> I use imp and it is set to just "user" and not "user at domain" for the login.
>
> I have my URL set as "some.domain.com" and point the webroot for
> that DNS name to the horde directory. If it isn't like that, you
> might need to mess with cookie path.
>
> That's in:  Horde->General-> $conf[cookie][path]  . Mine is blank,
> I'm not sure what to set it to if you're using a subdir for the
> installation (eg:  www.test.com/horde).
>
> You could have a caching issue...try an igcognito session or another
> browser to see if the problem persists.
>
> brent

Hi Brent,

as you mentioned it was the cookie path  - this was a VERY valuable
hint since I spent already a night on it but still missed it - many
thanks :))

Btw: the authentication itself etc was working flawless, the
installation was able to show my latest emails, so login is
technically working. Thanks to your hint I fixed the cookie path and
now it works.

However this is a good transition to another general question
regarding the folder structure between Horde5 via Pear and H6 compose:

Old setup:
* horde reachable as www.domain.tld/horde, whereas www.domain.tld was
a regular website -> so the horde content was placed in the horde
subfolder.
* horde was installed via pear.

New setup:
Hmm, I somehow installed horde via compose

* https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/H6/Installation
* https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/H6/Installation/RootProject
* https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/H6/Installation/InstallBase
*
https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/H6/Installation/UpgradeH5Release?referrer=Doc%2FDev%2FH6%2FInstallation

II am very confused about the new folder structure. Since the PoC is
now running I'm willing to reinstall from scratch, but what do I need
to do that I have all the web related functions in the "horde"
subfolder and all he "background" stuff like the horde CLi scripts etc
out of the webroot - as it was in the pear base setup?

This is the intented setup I would like to keep:

https://www.domain.tld/horde - horde entry point for users
https://www.domain.tld - joomla webpage entrypoint
/var/www/torben/web/ssl-domain.tdl/ as webroot for the domain
/var/www/torben/web/ssl-domain.tdl/horde as folder for the horde web files.

What do I need to do to achieve this?

Many Thanks,
Torben