[horde] Upgrade H5 (pear) to H6 ( composer), login possible, but "guest not authorized for" applications

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Mon Apr 10 20:21:40 UTC 2023

  Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:

> Zitat von Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:
>
>> Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:
>>
>>> Hi together,
>>>
>>> I'm currently upgrading form H5 to H6alpha based on composer.
>>>
>>> Old:  Debian Stretch & PHP 7.4
>>>
>>> New: Debian Bookworm & PHP 8.2
>>>
>>> I managed the installation, config and DB migration and can log into Horde.
>>>
>>> On the landing page after login  I can see my widgets of imp incl
>>> the newest
>>> mails, kronolith incl the next appointments and nag with its tasks.  ->
>>> Horde/the apps are able to retrieve the correct data.
>>>
>>> However, Every time I try to switch to one of this specific apps like imp,
>>> kronolith or turba via the top row menu I get kicked out and Horde logs
>>> "Guest not authorized to imp|kronolith|turba". -> Why does horde treat my
>>> login suddenly as "guest" - it was even possible to load the correct widget
>>> data for my user..)
>>>
>>> I get the login mask presented again after being kickout, but I cannot
>>> re-login into it. If I close the tab and start with the proper URL I can
>>> login back into horde but again only into the landing page.
>>>
>>> Some additional symptoms/information, maybe the tell you something I do not
>>> see:
>>>
>>> *        Session handling is filed based
>>> *        sessions are written into /tmp.
>>> *        Every time I get kicked out horde starts another session
>>> and adds a
>>> session file to /tmp.
>>> *        If I enter the admin area and go to "sessions" in the left column
>>> (vendor/horde/horde/admin/sessions.php) , It takes some loading time ( 5-10
>>> seconds) until it opens that page. This is not happenin in my old 7.4
>>> installation, ther it opens instantaneously
>>>
>>> Does anyone know this symptoms and has an Idea where to start?
>>>
>>> Many thanks & Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Torben
>>>

>> What are you using for the Horde login backend? What's your url?
>> Cookie path?
>>
>> Horde-> Admin:
>> What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?
>>
>> Typically it's "Let a horde appplication handle authentication"
>> I use imp and it is set to just "user" and not "user at domain" for the login.
>>
>> I have my URL set as "some.domain.com" and point the webroot for
>> that DNS name to the horde directory. If it isn't like that, you
>> might need to mess with cookie path.
>>
>> That's in:  Horde->General-> $conf[cookie][path]  . Mine is blank,
>> I'm not sure what to set it to if you're using a subdir for the
>> installation (eg:  www.test.com/horde[1]).
>>
>> You could have a caching issue...try an igcognito session or
>> another browser to see if the problem persists.
>>
>> brent
>> --
>
> Hi Brent,
>
> as you mentioned it was the cookie path  - this was a VERY valuable
> hint since I spent already a night on it but still missed it - many
> thanks :))

> [...]

I've not setup horde as a "www.tld.com/horde" before. Let me setup a
test environment and see how one would do that. I typically just make
a "webmail.tld.com" and set the ServerRoot to be "/var/www/horde/web".
I don't install horde under the "www.tld.com". Let me see if I can
figure out how one would do that. Should be do-able...I just don't
have firsthand experience with it.

Because of the default way compoer works, the pathing won't be as you
list above as the "webroot" directory is "/web" by default and not
"/horde" like the way the older version worked.

brent

Links:
------
[1] http://www.test.com/horde