[horde] Request CSS Content over HTTPS (Horde 6)

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Sat Jun 24 20:01:37 UTC 2023

  Quoting Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>:

> On 2023-06-24 7:08 AM, Ronny Forberger wrote:
>> Hi Brent,
>>
>> Thanks, but I have copied conf.php.dist to conf.php for a basic
>> installation now, but still the same problem. CSS is loaded over
>> http.
>>
>> Any other ideas? How are URLs generated ? Is there any specific
>> conf.php setting?
>
> I haven't yet tried Horde 6 myself, but in Horde 5 it's possible to
> override the automatic servername/url detection in circumstances
> where it doesn't work consistently (such as having SSL termination
> on a reverse proxy in front of Apache).
>
> Assuming Horde 6 works similarly, in horde/config/conf.php, try setting:
>
> $conf['use_ssl'] = 1;
> $conf['server']['port'] = 443;
>
> --
> Nels Lindquist
> nlindq at maei.ca

Yep, this is under Horde->General Settings.  The header is "URL
Settings". The default is to have horde automatically detect
(use_ssl=2), but you can hard set it as Nels mentions above if Horde
isn't detecting the protocol correctly. I'd argue if it isn't working
in auto-detect, then something isn't quite right with the apache and
how it is seeing the requests. If hard-coding it works and doesn't
impact anything else, then this works.

brent