[horde] What is the current status from installation perspective

Carsten horde-groupware at familie-lahme.de
Wed Dec 27 11:09:38 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I am relying on Horde since a few years now. Apparently as PHP has
evolved, Horde did a break, as we all know.

My current system is totally outdated (php 5.6 on Debian GNU/Linux 8
(jessie) ) and I currently ongoing to move to new hardware.

Please note, I am not a developer, so I have to rely on what you guys
provide as information or manual.

Can you point me to the most current version of installation manual on a
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)?

I found this one:

https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL

but it looks pretty outdated, isn't it?

Most bothering question in my mind: What is the php version supported?
Jellyfish comes with 8.1 at the moment.

btw: it is very strange from my PoV that neither the "regular" installer
uses some common install process (?_wtf is pear_?) nor the "git" methode
does (?_horde git tools_?.. urkinddin'). But that is only a side comment
from me very personaly.

cheers

Carsten