[horde] Finished importing horde FW_6 to packagist.org / composer / compatibility with newer PHP versions

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Thu Dec 28 17:04:27 UTC 2023

  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, in that case? The "fix" is correct
(lowercase "s" fixes the issue), but I appear to be pulling something
else.

My install went like:

Create composer.json file in a directory, then run:
$ composer update
<a bunch of stuff gets installed>

Then I see that the file has the capital S instead of the lowercase s
in  vendor/horde/core/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php

Here's my composer.json (which I guess is wrong?):

-------------
{
    "name": "horde/bundle",
    "description": "A base project for a horde installation",
    "type": "project",
    "repositories": {
        "0": {
            "url": "https://packagist.org/",
            "type": "composer"
        }
    },
    "require": {
        "composer-plugin-api": "^2.0",
        "horde/horde-installer-plugin": "^2.5.1 || dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0
|| dev-master",
        "horde/horde": "^6 || dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/routes": "^3 || dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/hordectl": "^1 || dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0 || dev-master",
        "pear/console_color2": "^0.1.2",
        "pear/console_table": "^1.3",
        "horde/imp": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/cache": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/turba": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/ingo": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/kronolith": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/mapi": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/nag": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/mnemo": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/gollem": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0",
        "horde/activesync": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0"
    },
    "require-dev": {
        "horde/test": "^3 || dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0 || dev-master"
    },
    "license": "GPL-3.0-only",
    "authors": [
        {
            "name": "Ralf Lang",
            "email": "lang at b1-systems.de"
        }
    ],
    "minimum-stability": "dev",
    "prefer-stable": true,
    "extra": {
        "installer-types": [
            "horde-library",
            "horde-application"
        ]
    },
    "config": {
        "allow-plugins": {
            "horde/horde-installer-plugin": true
        }
    }
}
------------

Quoting Lang, Ralf <ralf.lang at gmail.com>:

> Hello Brent,
>

>   Am 27/12/2023 um 22:44 schrieb Brent:
>
>> Ok, thanks...that fixed it. I note that a few fixes that were
>> discussed in this list aren't in included. You say you want a "PR",
>> but what is that? Is there a mechanism for reporting issues? No
>> problem to do that, I just don't know what a PR is, offhand.
>
>   I am fine with any kind of report. ML is OK, Wiki page is OK for
> now, Horde Ticket System is most preferred.
>
>   MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM
> "BUGS.HORDE.ORG" CLAIMING TO BE MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE
> FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM "BUGS.HORDE.ORG" CLAIMING TO BE Tickets :: New
> Ticket (horde.org)[1]
>
>   A Pull Request is a type of submitting a patch through Github
> together with a means to discuss and change the patch.
> Those who send pull requests don't need to open a ticket or another
> means of communication, everything will happen right there.
>
>> To wit, there's a type-o in the turba package. If you have an image
>> for a contact, it'll trip up on it. There's a capital "S" instead
>> of a lowercase one:  <install
>> dir>/vendor/horde/core/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php  Line
>> 209....replace with the capital "S" after the id=  Broken:  $html
>> .= sprintf('<input class="button" name="%s" id="%S" type="submit"
>> value="%s" /> ',  Fixed:  $html .= sprintf('<input class="button"
>> name="%s" id="%s" type="submit" value="%s" /> ',   brent
>
>   That one confuses me. You say it's still broken and that your
> preferred / fixed version has lowercase s
>
>   MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM
> "GITHUB.COM" CLAIMING TO BE MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE
> FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM "GITHUB.COM" CLAIMING TO BE
> Core/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php at FRAMEWORK_6_0 ·
> horde/Core (github.com)[2]
>
>   We committed that change in October 25.
>
>   MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM
> "GITHUB.COM" CLAIMING TO BE MAILSCANNER HAS DETECTED A POSSIBLE
> FRAUD ATTEMPT FROM "GITHUB.COM" CLAIMING TO BE Update Html.php ·
> horde/Core at 7e1e507 (github.com)[3]
>
>   v3.0.0alpha15 has this patch, too.
>
>   Can you describe how you end up with the broken version when
> installing / upgrading?
>
>   Regards
>

> Ralf

Links: