[i18n] locale

Per-Stian Vatne psv@orsta.org
Mon, 27 May 2002 18:49:38 +0200

Siterer Per-Stian Vatne <psv@orsta.org>:

| Thanks for your help - I'll continue looking, and let you know if I find
| something out. It's obviously something locally, as other people can use
| the
| nb_NO locale.

Quoting myself :)

After some testing, I found out how to solve the problem - sort of. Seems like
when Horde is selecting "Norsk bokmål", nb_NO, gettext looks for no_NO (which is
"Norwegian", nb_NO = "Norwegian bokmål").

/usr/share/locale/locale.alias has entries for nb_NO pointing to no_NO, so that
could be the case (my locale.alias is out-of-the-box, as is the rest of the
locale setup).

Test 1:

    # mv horde/locale/nb_NO horde/locale/no_NO
    # mv horde/imp/locale/nb_NO horde/imp/locale/no_NO

Ctrl-Refresh, select "Norsk bokmål", works just fine. Move directories back to
nb_NO, Ctrl-Refresh, it's English again.

Test 2:

Add "$nls['aliases']['no_NO'] = 'nb_NO';" to horde/config/lang.php.

Ctrl-Refresh and "Norsk bokmål" works as it should. Change back, and back to
English for the "Norsk bokmål" nb_NO translation.

Tested on Horde 2.1/Imp 3.1 (RC3), and on the CVS HEAD branch.

What I don't get, is that my locale.alias file is the exact same as the one GNU
gettext comes with, so more people should have this problem?

Comments, anyone?

Regards,
Per-Stian