[i18n] translation.php init problem

Miroslav Pendev miro@cybershade.us
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:46:18 -0400

Hi Guys,

I am sorry for keeping this list busy with my problems ;-)
but I have a problem with init functionality...

What I need, is to generate new .pot files and then with init to
generate new bg_BG.po files for the HEAD CSV version of horde, imp...
Then I must run '... compendium -l bg_BG -a my_old_releng_comp.po'
in order to merge them into one new compendium.po so I can use
already translated phrases, is that correct?

So I did this:
#./translation.php extract

[...] Works pretty well... I have all .pot files generated!

I removed all bg_BG.po files so it must looks like new translation.
Then I run init part:
#./translation.php init -l bg_BG

[...] There is no errors even with -d option, but!

1.The generated bg_BG.po for Imp ends incorrectly:
#: ../imp/lib/Maintenance/Task/delete_sentmail_monthly.php:55
msgid "Old sent-mail folders being purged."
msgstr ""

#: ../imp/folders.php:339 ../imp/templates/menu/menu.inc:75
#: ../imp/templates/menu/menu.inc:81
msgid "Open Folder"
---------
and there is nothing after letter 'O' (in alphabetical order).
The imp.pot file is OK!

2.The generated bg_BG.po for Passwd is empty (zero size)

3.All generated bg_BG.po files are smaller then .pot files.

For horde.pot this diff is about 7K - the diff is not just the headers.

Anyway, If I copy .pot files into bg_BG.po files, the
#./translation.php compendium -l bg_BG -a my_old_releng_comp.po
command work pretty well!!!

What a long description, I hope you will not forget for what I am
talking about... ;-)

--Miro