[i18n] No translation on Solaris 2.6

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu Nov 21 11:08:38 2002

Zitat von "Smith, Richard" <Richard.Smith@microcell.ca>:

> We are using IMP, Turba , Ingo all of these packages are coming from the
> HEAD (3 or 4 weeks ago).
>
> We running these packages on a Solaris 2.6 with the Solaris gettext (not
> the
> GNU version) but even that the translation doesn't work!
> The .mo files (en_US and fr_FR version for horde and imp) have been
> generated on a Solaris server 2.6, not the same from where IMP is running
> but I don't think it's a problem.
>
> What I should check? The configuration, the gettext version, the
> environment
> variables or what?

I guess you already have checked docs/TRANSLATIONS? It _might_ be necessary
to compile the .mo files on the same machine you want to use them on.
Gettext is a bit picky about this.

There is also a lot of stuff in the mailing list archives about Solaris
problems, though most of the hints should be in the FAQ and TRANSLATIONS.

The last step you could try is to use GNU gettext instead and try
po/translations.php.