[i18n] Cannot display Chinsese, Janpanese, Russian, Koren

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 27 15:37:18 PST 2003

Zitat von Gilbert Ng <gilbertng at hkem.com>:

> Thanks Zitat ,

No problem, Monday.

> On Monday, January 27, 2003 at 11:18:42 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > Does your system support these locales?
> >
> > See docs/TRANSLATIONS for debugging step
>
> I have seen the TRANSLATIONS, but I cannot get the result metions inside,
> for example:
>
> I have type locale -a and I find that I got:
> bokmal
> bokm&aring;l

[...]

> thai
> turkish
> UTF-8
>
> but when I follow the instruction
>
> ---Does gettext even work?
> ---Get a string to translate,
> ---$ strings /bin/tar | grep Memory
> ---Memory exhausted
> ---$ (LANG=nl_NL; LANGUAGE=nl_NL; LC_MESSAGES=nl_NL; gettext tar "Memory
> exhausted" )
> ---Geheugen uitgeput
>
> I can't get the last result...I have try to change nl_NL to cs_CZ, czech,
> thai, swedish but not work. Anything wrong on my steps?

Yes, you don't have any of the locales installed on your system that you
tried out. How to solve this is beyond the scope of this mailing list. If
you don't find an answer in docs/TRANSLATIONS or the FAQ, ask for support
whereever appropriate for the distribution you use.

http://horde.org/source/