[i18n] Re: [horde] strange bug in HEAD with translations ...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 6 11:00:03 PST 2003

Please ask questions regarding translations to the i18n mailing list

Zitat von Florent AIDE <faide at alphacent.com>:

> I have remarked that once in a while when I reload with the refresh
> button the
> translations are not used and all strings are in English, then when I
> reload
> again it will go back to French...
>
> Is there something I missed when I did "./translation make" ? It seems to
> do
> this only whith French. I tried whith Greek and it seems to be persistent
> and
> to resist refreshes quite well :)

The behaviour of gettext is unfortunately a bit unpredictable. We already
did our best to make this language switching as seldom as possible.

Someone else reported the same problem recently on the i18n mailing list,
perhaps you both find something that's common to your systems.

I assume you already followed the steps in docs/TRANSLATION and read the FAQ
to eliminate all possible problems.