[i18n] Fwd: [Translation-i18n] gettext-0.12 is released

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 23 08:04:05 PDT 2003

Zitat von David Chang <david at thbuo.gov.tw>:

> 引用 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
> > Zitat von David Chang <david at thbuo.gov.tw>:
> >
> > > Meanwhile i still got confused about compendium,and .pot. What
> different
> > > between
> > > them ?
> >
> > A compendium stores several translations (of different modules, not
> > different languages) in one file. You can use it to create homogenous
> > translation across all modules and to automatically fill in new
> > translateable string that you already translated in other modules.
> Hi Jan:
> Do you means,that as a locale's translator like me everytime i update
> horde from
> cvs.All i have to do is to modify compendium.po instead of
> horde/po/zh_TW.po &
> Projects/po/zh_TW.po ?

No, you still update the projects' zh_TW.po files.

> If not ,at this monent i update zh_TW by these steps below is that right
> ?
> #cd /horde/po
> #./translation.php update --locale=zh_TW
> # vi zh_TW.po (& projects/po/zh_TW.po) and find un-translated strings .
> #cd /horde/po;./translation.php make --locale=zh_TW

That's correct. But if you once create the compendium with
$ translation.php compendium --locale=zh_TW
it will be used transparentely. That means if you run "translation.php make"
the new strings will be added to the compendium, if you run
"translation.php update" missing strings will be merged from the
compendium.

> Also ,i note in horde/po/zh_TW.po there are many msgstr come from
> translation.php file.But It did not show any Chinese help/usage message
> if i
> typed #translation.php help ,even these msgstr were translated.
> what am i missing ?

translation.php uses the language that's set in your LANG or LANGUAGE
environment variable. And of course you'll need a terminal that's capable
of showing your charset.