[i18n] Fwd: [Translation-i18n] gettext-0.12 is released

David Chang david at thbuo.gov.tw
Fri May 23 06:44:06 PDT 2003

=A4=DE=A5=CE Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von David Chang <david at thbuo.gov.tw>:
>

> > =A4=DE=A5=CE Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I encourage all translators to update to this release and use the
> > > translation.php script from now on.
> > >

> > The horde/docs/TRANSLATION seems not for translation.php,can you tell me
> > how to
> > update a existing translation by translation.php ?
>
> The documentation for translation.php is in po/README and some short help =
is
> available by 'translation.php help'.
>
> > Meanwhile i still got confused about compendium,and .pot. What different
> > between
> > them ?
>
> A compendium stores several translations (of different modules, not
> different languages) in one file. You can use it to create homogenous
> translation across all modules and to automatically fill in new
> translateable string that you already translated in other modules.
Hi Jan:
Do you means,that as a locale's translator like me everytime i update horde =
from
cvs.All i have to do is to modify compendium.po instead of horde/po/zh_TW.po=
 &
Projects/po/zh_TW.po ?

If not ,at this monent i update zh_TW by these steps below is that right ?
#cd /horde/po
#./translation.php update --locale=3Dzh_TW
# vi zh_TW.po (& projects/po/zh_TW.po) and find un-translated strings .
#cd /horde/po;./translation.php make --locale=3Dzh_TW

Also ,i note in horde/po/zh_TW.po there are many msgstr come from=20
translation.php file.But It did not show any Chinese help/usage message if i
typed #translation.php help ,even these msgstr were translated.
what am i missing ?

Thanks for your time.
David Chang